Sunday 3 March 2013

Glitter Obsession

Glitter obsession!

My glitter obsession started early this year. A friend had given me a few fine glitters to play around with. Initially I was a bit nervous on how they would turn out. My poor mom was my first victim, if I'm honest they were ok.... They looked good but felt uneven and scratchy. But this was the beginning!!
From then I messed around using different colour glitters on nails along with finding ways to have a smooth finish to the nails.
At the end of Feb at the professional beauty show London I got some amazing glitters from YOUNG NAILS. (@YoungNailsuk - www.youngnails.co.uk ) The individual glitters start at £5.25! They also have 8 piece kits for £36.75!

I have found that my using your dry brush to press the glitter into the tacky/sticky gel polish then pressing in with your finger helps give you a smooth finish. I have found, that's for an almost 'foil' finish, the finer the glitter the better. - So far my ultimate favourite glitter is the silver with a hint of colour in it, ( Young nails - Las Vegas!) put that over any colour and its this crazy disco ball with a accent of which ever colour you have put under neither. AWESOME!!
I am still experimenting with all the possibilities, so watch this space!!







No comments:

Post a Comment